2 in 1 Pooch Shampoo
100g Castille Liquid Soap
30g Coconut Oil
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
½ tsp Citric Acid
1 tsp Preserver
*Essential oils* Optional
- In the small glass beaker, add Castille liquid soap and Coconut oil. Melt together under gentle heat.
- In another small beaker, add the Xanthan Gum and Glycerin. Mix together with the back of a spoon until smooth paste forms.
- Add Water, citric acid and Xanthan gum/glycerin mix to a bigger glass beaker (400g). Mix for a few seconds using a hand blender
- If you are adding essential oils, add them to the castle and coconut mix, making sure it has cooled down again.
- Add the castile mix to the water mix. Blend with a hand blender at low speed for a few seconds to make sure mixture is smooth. Do not mix for too long or too fast as it will cause bubbles.
- Pack into bottles with a pump
- I made this for my Jack Russel who has very sensitive skin. The coconut oil and glycerin give the skin good conditioning while cleaning
- Only use ½ tsp of citric acid. Dogs skin has a higher pH than humans skin, so the shampoo does not need as much citric acid as a standard hair shampoo
- Add Essential oils for extra care. Tea tree oil and eucalytptus oil are good for repelling flies and fleas
- Use less essential oil than you would for your own products, at least half
If your dog has very itchy, irritated skin replace the water with chamomile tea