- 100g Almond Flour
- 20g Citric Acid
- 100g Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda)
- 200g Salt
- 200g Epsom Salts
- 5 – 10 drops essential oil of your choice
*Dried Rose Petals* Optional
*Dried Herbs* Optional
- Add all the dry powders and salt together. Stir by hand, or if adding into a jar, shake ingredients together.
- Add essential oil, mix together or shake
- If adding rose petals and herbs, add at the end and mix in gently.
- This muscle soak is a vegan version. If you are not vegan you can also add powder milk for an extra milky bath, but the finely ground almonds also nourish the skin
- Using Himalayan salt will add a beautiful light pink colour, as well as all the benefits of Himalayan salt
- Any essential oil blends can be used, neroli, lavender and rose geranium make a relaxing calming blend
- Rose petals add a visual effect that is perfect for gifts
- I like to pick herbs from my gardens like Thyme, Basil and Mint. I dry them out for a few days then grind them before adding instead of rose petals. This can replace adding essential oils for an uplifting aroma
This recipe comes from The Cosmetics Chef Crafting Cosmetics in your Kitchen recipe book.