- Add water, glycerin, and urea into heat resistant glass beaker. Use freshly boiled water to make it quicker. Mix together until all the urea is dissolved.
- Check that the water still feels very hot. It should be around 70 C to continue, if it has cooled down, gently heat up again.
- Add beautymulse, coconut oil, and cocoa butter and using a stick blender, blend for 1 minute on low speed.
- Cool the cream to 40 C. You can use a cold water bath with ice to speed up the cooling.
- Add preserver, eucalyptus oil and lavender oil, and stir by hand.
- Pack into jars
- Use every night on hands and feet to repair chapped or cracking skin
- This is a cream balm as it has an oilier feel rather than a cream feel. The high levels of coconut oil and cocoa butter give good skin conditioning and nourishment
- The urea softens the hard cracked skin, which allows it to heal and repair
- Lavender and eucalyptus oil are great healing oils. Lavender can also help with inflammation and pain associated with cracked or chapped skin
- Regular use should stop your skin from cracking and give you beautiful soft hands and feet all year round
Urea, Beautymulse, and Preserver are available to buy here
This recipe comes from The Cosmetics Chef Crafting Cosmetics in your Kitchen recipe book